Thursday, January 27, 2011

“Make sure you have a different opinion and people will talk about you”

Anyone who knows my personality, knows quite well that I've never bothered to explain, or apologize for, anything I like, believe, or feel.
It's the Leo in me.

What's my point?

Here's a text message I got from a friend...
"Well I'm not really feeling that new tattoo." 
....
I ask why
....
"They look trashy and you're better than that."

Wellll friendo...I didn't ask.  Nor do I care.

Again, what's my point?

We spend entirely too much time in life dwelling on what people think of us.  It makes conversation boring, and life completely uneventful. 
"We have no right to express an opinion until we know all of the answers".  My friend has no idea what my tattoos represent, he just sees what he wants to see....trash.  I see beauty, and truth, and details of my life that are treasured moments and memories.  "You're stuck with those for life."  I WANT to be stuck with them for life.  "They'll be hard to remove once you come to your senses."  I DON'T WANT to remove them, and coming to my senses has already happened...that's why they are there.  I guess my question to my friend should have been, "Why do you care?"

Why care enough about something (that has NOTHING to do with you) enough to go out of your way to TRY to make someone feel bad about something that means a great deal to them?

Another good friend posed the thought "there is only one person that has all the answers".....
... clearly that person is Tupac. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment